Monday, April 09, 2007

More spring bird higlight pics

I couldn't put these photos on before, as my camera-lead has decided to give up the ghost on me (as has my other camera..the Fujifinepix), but finally got them onto CD at Deo Deo and was happy with some of the results.

Birding this week has been restricted to the environs of Hiroshima. Managed to go out to Miyajima with David Flack, a nice birder/photographer from my part of the world... Essex. I learnt a lot about cameras and only ish I had his skil and camera..maybe one dy soon I can get the Canon D20 or D30 with a nice Sigma 500mm lend and telecoverter and one of those new snazzy Casio 10 megapixel jobs!

We saw a few birds of interest, such as Red-flanked Bluetail, Japanese Green Woodpecker, Brambling and Siskin on Miyajima, and a nice flock of 22 Great Knot at the Yahatagawa on the way back, along with 100+ Dunlin and 27 Kentish Plover.

Well anyway here are the less than perfect images I have been taking of late.










a>














I am gonna save this winters selection of gulls for the next post.

1 comment:

Nick S said...

beautiful blog